e46 sudden loss of power

• Hello. First of all I hope I can type here in english. I have asked for other forums but without answer.
    I have 04 e46 with m47 engine.
    Problems are that engine runs very jerkly when idle. now few days ago I got my first limp mode when pressing harder on gas.
    Went home and took my laptop with inpa and got:
    4B11 (1279) Laufruheregler
    3FD0 (1262) Luftmassenmesser
    4560 (3002) raildruck-plausibilität nengengereflt
    4A42 ews schnittstellenfehler

What do these codes mean? First one is something with smooth running controller? what is that? crack shaft sensor?
    Seccond one is Air mass sensor, this one I know, had bad connection. now fixxed
    3rd one is something with rail pressure?
    and no idea what is EWS module error.

Also I have one more problem. When ide or light acceleration the car is fine, when I acceleration HARD then I hear knocking / pinking / ratteling sound from the engine bay. Is this injectors?
    The sound stops littlebit before rev limiter, then changed gear and it starts again, as soon as I let go the gas pedal, the sound stops.

Here are injector values from inpa
    First one is when Idle, seccond one is in park rev limiter.

I really hope someone can help me, been struggeling alot with this car and BMW is new world to me, I came from VAG

[Blockierte Grafik: https://bit.ly/2WRnc8p][Blockierte Grafik: https://bit.ly/3bQecVm]

• Hi and Hello!

I hope, you will understand my English. :D First of all, please dont accelerate more, when you hear a knocking sound from the enginebay! :m0037: That could be a bad rod-bearing or even a crankshaft bearing. So nothing you want to destroy. Have you deleted the fault-code memory? Do all of the faults occure again when you deleted the memory?

EWS is your anti-theft-protection. in german "Elektonische Wegfahrsperre"

In idle, the injektors look not to bad. But in the second picture, they are way off. They should be nearly at the same value. Maybe one ore two faulty Injektors are causing the knocking and your railpressure problem.

I can give you a tip. If you are on Facebook, search for the "BMW Diesel Tuning Deutschland" Group. There are some really clever guys who might be able to help you better than i can.

Wer sein MK4 auf V32 geupdatet haben möchte, soll sich per PN melden.

• the knocking sound has been there for 7 months at least. its not going worse or better. I still think the knocking sound is coming from injectors. When pressing on gas pedal, the injector values go wayy off and disel starts pre ingniting and it causes the knock sound. This is my theory and no idea of its correct logic :D

I have deleted the fault codes, and as soon as It goes into limp mode again, all same codes come back. The limp mode comes after going past someone on the highway or harder acceleration in the city.

Now few days there has been problem when driving 80kmh, engine suddenly loses power, for 0.5secconds and it comes back, when going 80kmh and coming into STOP sign, engine almost dies, revs go between 200-1200, engine has died few times because of this.

So you think I should try to fix injectors first? I have tried some magical "disel injector cleaner" stuff but has not helped anything. Next I think I'll send injectors into disel workshop and they can clean it and do all kind of testing. But its expensive. 250€ for 4 injector testing and 224€ for one new injector.
    At this point I really want my old car back where injecotrs were 15€ ea :D :D

• okey went to drive and as soon as I got it in limp mode, I checked the error codes. One code about Laufruheregler.
    So it means injectors? Also I checked the injector values again and welll. look at that.
    Does this mean 1,2 and 3 injectors are super bad? These values were with light acceleration. Values are almost the same when going all in on the gas pedal.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://bit.ly/2WPy1HU]

• Wow, those Injektors are really fucked up! =O

I think, they all should get overhauled or rebuild. But PLEEEAASE, dont send them to the Bosch servive or to "Diesel Technik Biberach"!!
    Get in Contact with the Users opaauto, bmw-lenker or Border here in this Forum. they know what they are doing and can help you with your injektors.

• Wow, those Injektors are really fucked up! =O

I think, they all should get overhauled or rebuild. But PLEEEAASE, dont send them to the Bosch servive or to "Diesel Technik Biberach"!!
    Get in Contact with the Users opaauto, bmw-lenker or Border here in this Forum. they know what they are doing and can help you with your injektors.

I'll send them to Tammer Disel. I live in Finland and almost everyone reccomended that guy over there. Hes only 50km from me so I dont have to send it. I asked him and he told me he dissasembles the whole injector, ultracleans it, changes all the gaskets etc... Then hes doing some testing to it and if its good he gives them back to me. If they cannot be fixxed, hes selling new ones also.
    At least here in Finland everyone who has done anything to their disel injectors, they all say Tammer Disel is best place here. Ofc there are other places around the world but shipping something like injectors are easily 50€, only shipping I mean. And now with this corona thing, at least finlands post service is not working very well and it takes ages to deliver something.

But thank you for the help. I litterally have been asking help for the past 4 months but no help. I will remember this place and Im 100% im coming back here to ask more help :D

• OOOoooh, you're from Finland! 8o

Sry, but i thought, you were located in Germany! :D

And yeah, feel free to come back any time. The Community will help you the best we can! ;)^^

• OOOoooh, you're from Finland! 8o

Sry, but i thought, you were located in Germany! :D

And yeah, feel free to come back any time. The Community will help you the best we can! ;)^^

I dont want to make new thread so I ask here, its Engine problem again.
    From Finnish forum I got answer that injector correction values are usless if engine revs over 2000rpm. Correction values are only used for engine smooth running. But my engine runs idle like crazy, eveything shakes alot in cabin and also the engine itself shakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVu9IzGU_1A

But back to my question, here you can hear some "ratteling" sounds, engine runs very hard and sounds like old 800tkm driven toyota hiace.
    Where is this ratteling sound coming? It comes somewhere close to injectors. There are no lose bolts, also dont worry about rail pressure sensor wires, they are fixxed now.
    When car is idle, it runs very bad and hard and ratteling. When I press gas, even littlebit, it smooths out, ratteling stops and it does not shake anymore.
    Good example here is when In park, my friend comes next to me. I have to shut down then engine because We cannot hear each other, the idle engine sound is so loud.