GM transmission end of life

• Hello. Im coming back here with some english.
    I have e46 with m47 engine if its matters.
    I'm having problems with my transmission, I don't know how to explain the problem but I try my best.
    When I got the car 6 months ago, there was problem when while driving 80kmh, revs drop by 200, and raise by 200, then drop again and raise again. Its only when driving steady. With inpa I reseted adabtion values and it stopped doing it. Was working fine until now. Gear shift is wierd and transmission itself has went to limp mode few times.
    With inpa I got codes:
    52 Gangueberwachung 2
    54 Gangueberwachung 4
    55 Gangueberwachung 5
    No idea what they mean, something to do with gear selecting? Also there was code something "gear selecting" but I cleared that code and never seen that again.
    Oil change has done by proffesional with me watching it. Old oil out, new oil in, let it run littlebit, old oil out, new oil in again, and once again like this. Its called oil flush? not just oil change. Ofc oil filter has been changed with last oil flush. There is enough oil, at least with ISTA+ tutorial I did, there is enough oil and its OEM oil.
    I've heard these GM transmissions have really bad turbine or turbine clutch is bad?

Is this end of this transmission, or is there some random sensor that I have to change?

• Hello. Im back here with some English, hopefully you dont mind.
    I talked to some proffesionals now and they said its easier and cheaper to change the transmission.
    ATM my car does not move in D etc ...

I bought new (used, 120tkm) transmission from the same year and same engine car. Only difference is that my transmission says GM 4GYU and new one says 2G WX.
    Few questions. Do I have to change the transmission control module also? Some people say that I need and some say I just need to reset adaptations from old module with INPA.
    Also the transmission change should be pretty simple? Out with the old one and with new one, before installation I fill the torque converter full with oil, then I attach it to transmission and put the transmission to engine. OR do I attach the turbine to engine first and slide transmission over it then?
    and last thing: When transmission is installed and new filter is in, I fill the transmission with oil until it comes out from fill hole, then I start the engine and D gear in and wheels spinning I keep adding oil until it comes out again. And then its done?
    Is there anything special I need to remember when installing the transmission?
    With my EX audi a6 2.5tdi when I changed the transmission I had to measure how far the new turbine is from engine and had to use some special VAG tool to align the turbine.

thank you

• Hello!

I think it's the 320d, we are talking about?

You can use the 4GYU-Gearbox, but you must (!) update your EGS-Controller. 2G is "old" an 4G is "newer". Main Pressure Regulation and Torque Converter Clutch are controlled different between this 2 versions. You can do the Update with WinKFP or send me an PM, i'll give you advice.

I've got some knowledge about the GM over the years and i will give you another advice if you want to drive your diesel-e46 for more than one or two years with this new yearbox: change the torque converter. the diesel cars (e46) had always problems with software and torque converter, becouse of the high torque and the "lifetime-oil". it costs 300€ and with 120 tkm the torque converter can't be good anymore.

nervertheless: oil-filling process is ok! Got knew filter and Dexron III H or IV-oil (not the original BMW-Oil, its expensive and shit...) than fill up without running engine due it runs out of the filling hole, than start engine, shift "D" and "R" with brake pressed, engine running all the time, fill up oil level till oil runs out and close the filling hole with a new plug. after that shut of engine.

Codieren, Automatikgetriebe-Probleme-Optimieren? Kompressorumbauten? In Düsseldorf/Willich/Jüchen und NRW? Schreibt eine PM!